Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We provide safe, high-quality care to one-quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan, from pre-birth to aged care and end-of-life.
More than 18,000 employees work at our 40+ care locations across south-east Melbourne, including seven hospitals and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
- We provide more than 3.46 million episodes of care to our community,
- More than 276,000 people are admitted to our hospitals,
- Close to 220,000 people receive care at our three emergency departments,
- We respond to more than 67,000 ambulance arrivals,
- We perform more than 48,000 surgical operations,
- We conduct more than 50 million pathology tests, and
- We deliver more than 10,000 babies.
(The above statistics are for the financial year 2020-21 as published in the Monash Health Annual Report 2020-21, page 44).
Read more about Monash Health.
Monash Children’s Hospital
Monash Children’s Hospital is one of Australia’s leading providers of integrated children’s health services, with more than 30 specialist services and programs. Monash Children’s Hospital has a dedicated children’s hospital located in Clayton, with satellite sites at Casey Hospital and Dandenong Hospital.
Learn more about Monash Children’s Hospital.
Monash Women’s maternity service provides health care across south-eastern Melbourne. Monash Women’s integrates primary, secondary and tertiary health services, as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities in one organisation.
Read more about Monash Women’s.
MonashHeart is committed to serving the needs of the community. With an unparalleled focus not only on the best of clinical services but also on research and the education of health professionals in cardiac care, MonashHeart is now one of the premier cardiac services in Australia and the world.