After years as an in-person event, the Walk for Monash Children’s Hospital will be a virtual event this August.
The Winter Walk asks participants to walk 10,000 steps per day over 21-30 August, aiming for a target of 100,000 over the 10 days.
“Thanks to our wonderful supporters from Monash Health and the community, the Walk for Monash Children’s Hospital has raised more than $1 million since 2013,” said Ron Fairchild, Director of the Monash Health Foundation.
“This year’s virtual Winter Walk will raise vital funds to enable the purchase of equipment such as specialised physiotherapy chairs that help children who are challenged walking due to illness or injury, gain muscle strength and movement.”
It’s easy to get involved:
- Read up and get inspired at mchwalk.com.au
- Visit the registration page to register for free by entering your details and setting up your personal fundraising page.
- Share your page with your friends and colleagues and ask them to support your participation.
- Walk, hop, skip or jump your way to 100,000 steps from 21 to 30 August.
- Count your steps using a counting device and enter them on your page or sync your steps automatically using your Fitbit or Strava.
There are some great prizes to be won:
- The first 2000 people to register will receive a Monash Children’s Hospital Winter Walk medal.
- Register before 16 August to enter the draw for a chance to win a $1000 Westfield voucher!
- When you raise more than $50 in donations you will receive a #mchwalk beanie. Note that these beanies are not available for sale.