On behalf of Monash Health and the Monash Children’s Hospital, thank you to all those who supported our 2023 gala event.
We are absolutely thrilled with the outcome of the event and look forward to putting the funds raised to use as we help make an enormous difference in helping very pre-term babies not only survive but thrive.
There were so many highlights from the night that we simply cannot list them all, but some standouts included:
- Incredible performances from Mitch Tambo, Isaiah Firebrace, Lee Kernaghan and The Australian Theatre Company.
- The enthusiasm and generosity during the pledge time – we were blown away by how the entire room rallied together in support
- Our dear friend and long-time supporter Richard Lim, who told us that giving “releases feel-good chemicals in your brain that keep you happy and healthy” and that if you give, “you won’t have to visit the doctor!” Thank you, Richard, for setting the tone for such a lively flurry of generous pledges.
- Giving away a brand new Toyota Corolla thanks to our friends at Patterson Cheney Cars and Trucks was such a fantastic moment – congratulations to our winner, Paul Lane!
- Receiving an incredibly generous donation of $300,000 from The Freemasons Foundation Victoria, your support is forever appreciated.
We are incredibly excited to announce that we exceeded our fundraising target of $1,000,000. Since announcing our unofficial tally of $1,133,000 on Friday evening, we can now officially report that we raised $1,270,434!
We simply could not have done this without the unwavering support of all those who attended on Friday, and of course, those who champion what we do all year round.
A special mention to our sponsors – without your support we simply could not have put on such a memorable event.
Thank you all for supporting the Monash Children’s Hospital and for making such a positive difference in the lives of premature babies and their families. If you have any friends, family or connections, that were unable to attend this wonderful evening, they can support the cell therapies program at any time with a gift by visiting our giving page.
Finally, we encourage you to check out our magnificent gallery of images captured on the night – we look forward to seeing you all next year!